Image copyright Getty Images Image caption At least two dozen people were injured in the rampage
Two men have been identified as two of the victims killed in a shooting in Toronto on Sunday.
The victims, including the shooter, were caught in the grisly attack on one of the city’s busiest streets.
At least 24 people were shot, and a female bystander was killed when the gunman opened fire after a large gathering.
The suspect died during the attack, while the police have said they are still searching for a motive.
James Diddams, 33, who worked with Saftey Apparel owner Rafael Reyes at three locations, including the tire shop where he was shot, told BBC News that he was not alone.
“My vehicle was hit with three others at the same time, including several customers and employees who were just in the area to get lunch.”
‘He needed help’
The mayor of Toronto, John Tory, told reporters at a news conference: “The person is dead. To my knowledge, of all the people at the scene, there was no one else with gunshot wounds.”
Mr Tory said that police were looking for a white, four-door car with Ontario licence plates.
US President Donald Trump, who has been criticised for inflammatory social media posts on the social network in the past, said he was praying for the victims of the shooting.
He said the shooting “looks like another terrorist attack”.
Image copyright Getty Images Image caption Police are still searching for motive behind the attack
Canada’s Minister of Public Safety Ralph Goodale said it appeared to be “one lone wolf” incident.
Public Safety Canada, the federal government’s agency for promoting security and safety, said: “At this time we believe it to be a targeted attack, but are considering all possible motives.”
The shooting comes just a week after a gunman opened fire on Canada’s Parliament, killing one person.
Police said they arrested a man at the scene after the shooting, but it was believed the suspect had fatally shot himself.
In video footage of the incident, several people could be seen lying on the street near a thoroughfare called Danforth Avenue.
A woman in a red dress is seen lying on the ground amid the rubble, and firefighters and paramedics could be seen trying to assist those injured.
The person who died was a 41-year-old woman, Toronto police confirmed on Monday.
Image copyright Getty Images Image caption The suspect had posted a photo of a handgun on his Instagram
It is not clear what took place prior to the shooting. Police said they were releasing the suspect’s name but said “detectives are still working to determine a motive for the shooting”.
He was last seen wearing a white T-shirt and a denim jacket.
Police did not say what exactly the suspect’s motive was, but said the man had a history of criminal conduct and complaints against him with the city’s police service.
The mayor had urged people not to respond to Twitter posts that were “not substantiated” by facts, while officers warned in a tweet that the man who had been shot was the “suspect from the video”.
Image copyright Reuters Image caption A police helicopter flies overhead during the shooting on Sunday
What has happened?
Police were called to Danforth Avenue, an area in north Toronto, around 6.30pm on Sunday, according to Toronto police.
Witnesses described frantic scenes as the shooting unfolded, in what was a “gunfire fest”, according to CBS affiliate CP24.
“Everyone just started running and screaming because there was a lot of bullets,” said Kelly McSpadden, a witness to the shooting.
Another witness, who was not named, said: “We heard the gunshots and we saw a group of people scurrying out of the street.”
A witness, who did not give his name, told CP24 that he had heard about 30 shots.
People sought cover, he said, and described running into shops and with their children to escape the gunfire.
Images showed people on stretchers being carried away from the scene, and officers leading victims away on stretchers.
MP David McGuinty said it was a “massacre”, and footage from the scene showed bloodstains in the street where the shooting took place.
Image copyright PA Image caption Some residents of the area said they had to duck for cover
The hospital where injured people were taken has said that two people were in intensive care and three others were in stable condition.
The Canadian Armed Forces said in a statement that 11 military personnel were on the